Accommodations at MKC
Staying at MKC is your wilderness experience with all levels of comfort. From wooded campsites, to our individual private cabanas, our accommodations offer something for everyone.
Choose from the following plans (click “More”):
Plan 1 – Accommodation & Meals
- 1AA Cabanas* – Private cabanas hidden in the woods on the third level of our Campground. They are off the grid, with solar powered lights and include bedding.
- 1A Lodge Rooms* – Indoor Accommodations with either Queen or 2 Twin Beds – ground level with access to nearby facilities. Bedding included.
- 1B Dormitory* – Indoor Accommodations with up to six per room. Upper level with access to nearby facilities. Bring your own bedding.
- 1C (Camping & Meals) – Onsite camping with picnic table, parking, and nearby facilities. Bring your own tent, bedding and camp equipment.
Plan 2 – Camping & cooking own meals
*Please note: As a wilderness resort we have tried to not expand too far into our surrounding forest. This means we have limited indoor accommodations. For those booking for one under Plan 1AA, 1A or 1B, it is likely you will be lodging with other students of the same gender. To book a private room as an individual is an additional cost. Showers, Toilets, and Sinks are located in our modern washhouse – plus outdoor showers where you can shower under the open sky ! Sauna and spring fed pond are a favourite post-paddling spot to unwind.
Three healthy and hearty meals plus après paddling snack. MKC is proud of its meals and has attained FeastON culinary tourism designation. BYOB. All indoor accommodations are paired with our Meal Plan. With camping you can choose to have the meal plan or make your own meals.
1C (Camping with Meals) or
2A (Camping No meals)*
* If you choose 2A you will be preparing your meals at your campsite. We ask you to treat the areas where MKC hosts students on the meal plan like a restaurant during meal times and to join paddling friends afterwards. You will need to bring a camp stove, cooking equipment and a cooler. We have a wash-up station available for your dishes, a water refill station, and a fridge for drinks only. In case of rainy weather in the evenings, you are welcome to use our pavilion to build a fire to cook your dinner over.