We are all guests of Mother Nature.
MKC has been a Green Tourism award of Silver. We applied for this distinction as a promise to the water we drink and paddle on, to the land we dwell on, and to the air we breathe. It is a promise to reduce our imprint and to share that promise with you – our guests. When you choose to participate in one of MKC’s programs, you are making a Green choice.
We are constantly implementing innovative Green techniques in addition to what we have been doing for years as part of our environmental policy:
- We serve all of our meals on reusable plates, cups, and cutlery and wash them with enviro-friendly products.
- All of our guests’ food waste and our kitchen non-compostable food waste is fed to our very happy pigs and chickens. Kitchen compostable waste is treated separately in one of three large composters.
- The MKC Kitchen is sourcing food from many local organic and Community Supported Agriculture producers.
- We are making a concerted effort to switch all of our lights at MKC to low wattage halogen and to place them all on timers and photo cells to minimize our power consumption.
- We are currently investigating the potential of solar powered hot water for our guest showers, hand wash, and food service areas.